Friday, September 17, 2010

Sisters

Sisters are hard.

I have had women interested in knowing more about how I understand things. I have made long and deep friends with people who had similar interests as I do regarding critical culture, feminism, and, I guess "life." I have had people look up to me over the years for the work I have done and the perspective I have. I have formed indelible bonds with strangers around shared commitments for doing what was felt to be needed to advance the state of females in this community. I have been part of efforts examining and challenging norms, common sense, scientific fact, progress, gender bifurcation, hopelessness, media, gross stereotypes, language, the American Dream, progress, development, gender, despair. But, in all of these things, my younger sisters were never involved.

In fact, they were often antitheses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home